Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Let's get you caught up...

The short easy version...
So.. we've been ttc for 8 months. It's been a little rough - but it could definitely be worse. About four months into trying, my Doctor had me do some lab work. Apparently, I don't ovulate properly and it makes it nearly impossible for me to conceive on my own. SO - I'd been taking the medicine Clomid for the last three months to help me ovulate, and to line up my hormones (did I mention this medicine makes you CRAZY). The Doctor thought it would be best to use IUI (intro-uterine insemination) the fourth month into the meds, because I was having a side effect that we needed to bypass. We did the IUI, and it didn't work either. We decided to take a vacation with family - and leave all meds at home - relax, and just enjoy the time away. There was a hope inside of me, thinking maybe, maybe this would do it. Maybe this was my month, maybe my body will just work.... No luck. Here come the new "cycle". Here we are now - Cyle 8. Eight months in - and Seven pregnant friends around me to watch their bellies and families grow... This month I have to double my Crazy pills, (I'll just call them that from now on, lol) and then go back in for my 2nd IUI around the middle of my cycle. We'll follow up on day 21 with lab work to check my progesterone levels.... and this is were we are now.

No comments: